Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Here again?


Oh my goodness!

The last few weeks have been more than a little frantic. Here’s the skinny on what’s goin’ on: I packed up everything I own, every ceramic tchotchke, every hard-cover book, every rust-colored polyester blouse, and jammed the whole kit ‘n’ kaboodle into a storage locker. Then my dearest Papa came to pick up myself, my cat, my potted plants and a modest selection of the most versatile elements from my wardrobe and drove us back to the home of my youth. That is where I am currently residing. It is odd beyond belief to be back here.

The whole move has been a bit of a trial- for example, right as Oliver, Emmet and I began the monumental task of loading my things into the van, it began to rain. Then, just as we were leaving the storage locker for the last time, the drizzle stopped, clouds parted. Typical! To be fair, things haven’t been half as bad as they could. My little cat was so well behaved on the trip I half thought she had left us for the great litter box in the sky. Not so. She is fit as a fiddle and hard at work trying to steal the food of the cats who reside with my parents on a permanent basis.

As long as I remind myself that this move is only temporary, I’ll be ok. It’s not like I’m one of those sad-sacks who have the bottom fall out of their life plans and have to move home because there’s nowhere else to go. I mean, there’s a light at the end of this rather pleasant tunnel of cable tv and someone else making dinner every night. It’s not so bad…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home