Friday, February 17, 2006

know your retro: Gene Wilder


So, this time I'm not writing about a fashion personage, but I am attempting to shed some light on a figure from the past who has been pushed a little too far into the shadows as of late. Poor poor Gene Wilder...

Am I the only person who felt it odd that remakes of not one but TWO movies that had originally stared Gene were in theaters last year? Everyone is quite right to cream their proverbial jeans over that good looking young man from 21 Jump Street. And who amongst us has not fallen in love with Ferris and his hookie frivolity? Indeed, both Johnny and Matty are some of the finest thespians hollywood has to offer, but let us not forget that, before all the young upstarts of today, there was Gene.

Honestly, what's next- Will Ferrell as Young Frankenstein? Oh dear, now that it's been written down, it's sure to come true...

1 Comments:

At 10:14 AM, Blogger dsb said...

OH DEAR GOD, why did you say it?!?!?!

Just kidding, although..now that I've reacted, we've pretty much cast Will Ferrell as Young Frankenstein in STONE.

I would marry Gene Wilder if I could. Any man who would star as the Fox from the Little Prince wins my heart - no matter his age (or mine, for that matter ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home